Common Problems

ICP record FAQ

Q: Can I use SLD (Second-Level Domain) to file for ICP record?
A: You cannot file ICP record with SLD and it is not necessary to do so. For TLD (Top-Level Domain) and SLD with different ISP (Internet Service Provider), we recommend you do two-way access.

Q: Can I use external domain name to file for ICP record?
A: If you can find the domain name from MIIT (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People's Republic of China), you can use that domain name to file ICP record.

Q: How long does it take to obtain an ICP record?
A: Once the application is submitted to Communications Administration, the standard process takes about 20 business days.

Q: What kind of documents shall ISP provide?
A: ISP should provide the contract, standard declaration form and ISP and or IDC license.

Q: For foreign business, how could we apply for ICP record?
A: You need to have a Chinese business license (Joint-Venture or WOFE) at first, then apply for ICP record with Chinese entity’s business name.